Monday, November 25, 2013

Around the World in 80 meals - meal number 13 results - Chicken Lyonnaise

Chicken Lyonnaise

Once again, my niece and nephew came up with another great idea. They came up with the idea of having the same meal that some people had as their last meal on the Titanic.  Because the cooks on the ship had different meals for the passengers (based on how much the person paid for his or her ticket), it was decided to try the first class meal first.

The recipe for the Chicken Lyonnaise can be found here: http://posttrib.suntimes.com/lifestyles/renwald/10875595-452/titanics-last-meal-chicken-lyonnaise-simple-but-elegant.html


While this was one of the better meals that I have cooked in a couple of months, I was still expecting more.  I did cut back on the salt (I tend to use 1/4 of salt that is listed in a recipe), and I believe this was one of the issues.  I also believe it could use some fresh thyme.  The thyme that I used was not that fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment