Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Around the World in 80 meals - meal number 8 results - Brazilian Black Bean Stew

Meet is cooking and smelling good!
Nicole is the one who picked this meal, and when I first saw it I said to myself, 'Oh my! This is going to be an adventure'  I was wondering how all of these flavors would work together.  There is the flavor that the chorizo sausage brings, and the mango, and ham, and the sweet potatoes, and the chile pepper.
Veggies waiting to be cooked




 Not only is there several different flavors I didn't know if they would go together, there were some that I simply not a fan of.  I am not a big mango person.  Sweet potatoes are okay (but I have been starting to enjoy them more over the past several years).  And cilantro is also okay (and again I have been starting to enjoy its flavor more over the past several years).



Everything is in the pot
I was wondering why the directions indicate that the chorizo sausage needs to be sliced and cooked with some oil.  Chorizo sausage that I cook (which is a Mexican sausage) doesn't need oil and it crumbles.  Apparently, there are two types of chorizo sausage - Mexican and Spanish.  So I am assuming that I used the wrong chorizo sausage.




The only other change I made to the recipe is that when I went to the store, I purchased two sweet potatoes instead of two pounds.  Never-the-less, I still ended up with seven servings (the recipe states that this makes six).  So this recipe did allow me to restock my freezer for lunches.

Will I make this again, yes I will.  And I will also bring this dish to a pot luck or two.
Lunch is served

No comments:

Post a Comment